Explore Tibet is recommended by the newest 2015 Lonely Planet guidebook, as well as ranked 5 stars on TripAdvisor. It's held by a local Tibet travel agency and their tour guides have at least 5 years of guiding experience, that means you don't have to worry about any travel problems. It focuses on custom tours in Tibet, so you might have an in-depth understanding of Tibetan culture and fascinating scenery if you book their tour. What's more, as the first company to practice Responsible Tourism, it makes great effort to reduce carbon footprint and comply with a strict “leave no trace” policy. For environmentalists, this site is definitely suitable for them.
First of all, you can browse itineraries. If you find any itinerary package you are interested in, just click the orange ‘inquiry’ button (it’s easy to be found) to contact travel consultants directly. You need to fill in the required information, such as username, nationality, email address, phone number, your personal requirements and click the ‘submit’ button to create a ticket. Then, wait for your travel consultant to reply with a quotation. During the contact, you can make any dissent about the departure time, tour route, price, etc. Once you make an agreement, you need to confirm your Tibet tour by paying 30% tour fee as deposit. You will receive an invoice after they get deposit. You can use that invoice to apply for your China Visa if you don’t have. Finally, you need to send them your China Visa to apply your Tibet Permit. Usually they will send you’re your Tibet Permit on your 1st stop in China.
They have private tour and group tour to meet your requirement. The private tour cost is not shown on this site, you may send an inquiry to ask for the cost. Obviously, the group tour package cost of this site is much cheaper than others like Vista and GTT, but do not think you get best of the bargain. You will just get what you pay for as most of accommodations they arranged are local guesthouses without any hotel stars.
4 Days Group tour --- USD 420 p.p.
It's an essential Lhasa tour, which shows you the best part of the holy city by visiting the Potala Palace, Jokahng temple, Sera and Drepung monastery. After visiting, you get better know the Tibetan Buddhist culture and history.
8 Days Group tour --- USD 799 p.p.
It's the most popular and essential Everest itinerary, you will spend 3 days in Lhasa city for main attractions visiting and 4 days of Mt. Everest visiting. When you book this tour, you will never miss anything about the charming of Everest.
15 Days Group tour--- USD 1750 p.p.
It's a spiritual journey to experience Tibet culture and life. Except for Lhasa city and Mt. Everest itineraries, you will have a good chance to take a 3-day Kora around Mt. Kailash and be absolved of all your sins.
* All necessary travel permits to Tibet;
* Entrance ticket fees for all the sight spots listed in the program;
* Private transportation in Tibet;
* Private guide: English speaking local Tibetan guide;
* Free pick up and send-off services by shuttle bus at the beginning/end of the tour;
* Oxygen cylinder for the group;
*Lodging and meals for guide and drivers;
*First aid kit;
* Liability travel insurance;
* Travel insurance covers trip cancellation and emergency evacuation(recommended);
* Expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc.);
* International and domestic flight/train;
* Meals - lunches and dinners, breakfasts at the guesthouses;
* Gratuities for the guide and driver.
1. It provides 24/7 Services which means you can contact them whenever you want. It helps travelers in a great way whenever you have any questions.
2. Explore Tibet provides clients’ video feedback, which means you can vividly watch and hear their experience in Tibet as well as feel the service of Explore Tibet. Its’ something like your friends chatting besides you. You will have a general view if you watch such videos.
3. Another cool feature is FAQs. It listed a number of frequently asked questions before and during the travel. They answered them with professional knowledge and competence. Such kind of help may affect users’ choice, more or less.
4. They show CURRENCY CONVERTER on the page of each itinerary. That means, if you input any price in amount field, it will show you the certain amount in CNY, USD, GBP, EUR and AUD.
Explore Tibet is committed to respect your privacy. They declare that it is a 100% anonymous place to send an inquiry. All information you submit will be kept private, even if you cancel your travel booking. If you ask to receive their trip catalogs, summit to get a quick answer, post your trips on its forum or reply another post.
The site needs some your private information to offer corresponding answer that you asked for, or process the trip arrangement like apply for travel permits, obtain flight/train tickets, hotel bookings and so on. With your permission, they will also use the information to improve the Web site and marketing efforts.
For all privacy concerns, make sure you have read the privacy section in the “About us” menu before booking tour.
It’s very easy to use the search function on ExploreTibet.com. When you browse most options under top navigation bar, you can find the search frame (Find a Trip) on the right side, under Contact us frame. There’re 4 advanced search items as by duration, by activity, by season and by trip level. You can choose either of the items to get a search result.
When you search the keywords about Tibet tour, you can easily find Explore Tibet as it’s been ranked No.3 in Google Search result. In this competitive market,
According to the data from SimilarWeb, there are 7.60K visits in total. Among the traffic, 27.19% from United States, 11.44% from United Kingdom, 8.83% from Belgium and the other 251 countries. We can see this site is quite popular.
Most of their clients accept their services. 85% reviews on Trip Advisor marked Explore Tibet as excellent. 11% shows good and just 1% shows poor. Generally speaking, people think ET is a well-organized tour operator with superior guides. Just a few travelers think ET didn’t do well in hotel reservation, guides service, emergency intervention, and so on. The main weakness is listed as the following points:
1 According to Kwek, who booked their 8 days EBC group tour + extend 1 day package, complained that the cost of Tibet entry permit is unreasonable and he was forced to pay more. Although the tour cost includes oxygen cylinder and standby, in fact this site has broken promise.
2 Sometimes the guides are not approachable. They not only got quite irritated when you ask the tour questions, but also didn't not kindly help travelers order in restaurants etc.
3 About the Tibet weather conditions, they have not a clear description which may cause you have a cold and not sleep well in night.
Explore Tibet turned up what you expected – a great Tibet travel site that offers all the features you need to find your desired Tibet Tour packages. Even though we know that the number of foreign travelers from this site is less than GTT’s and Vista's, it’s still a good choice as you can fully enjoy their services according to the average remarks.